He made every Trekkie’s day with his adorableness an’ his accent,
An’ bravely slew vampires with David Tennant.
He was a talented actor and oh, so young!
When we heard about his death, how it must’ve stung.
RIP, Anton Yelchin.
Thanks for bein a companion to mum,
An’ a friend/mentor to your son.
For letting your teen daughter teach you about style,
An’ for walking your adult daughter down the aisle.
Thanks for teaching your kids right from wrong,
My poem might be short, but I pray that- Papa, may you live long! 😀
Happy Father’s day!
A Dalek plans on exterminating the Doctor’s beloved bowtie! Will he be able to rescue it? ;-D
I find that various people have various feelings towards the rain. Kids who tend to stay indoors an’ watch a lot o’ telly tend to curse the rains, since it’s the main cause o’ poor t.v. signals an’ power outages! Their parents on the other hand heave a sigh o’ relief, since they can now urge the bored kids to read a book (preferably with the help o’ candlelight/flashlights) or help around the house! Kids who spend their time outdoors a lot and amateur footballers love the rain! They can be seen kicking up plenty o’ muck along with the ball in the rains, while the lil ones can be seen enacting a miniature version o’ Pirates of the Caribbean with their paper boats in the puddles! They even enjoy sticking their tongues out to taste the raindrops, like they’re relishing a new delicacy! People on the road aren’t fans of it though. They curse it coz o’ all the traffic jams, potholes,flooded roads that they and their beloved vehicles have to go through coz o’ it! Farmers, though, have mixed feelings towards the rain. They pray for a lotta rains so that their crops may flourish, but curse the same rain gods when there’s a heavy shower an’ all their crops are ruined! Well, love it or hate it, rain is an important part of everyone’s life an’ without it, this world wouldn’t exist. So, what’re your thoughts on the rain?
A tribute to the late ,legendary Muhammad Ali
Thanks to fellow Whovian Maxwell Zwain (keep posting those awesome film reviews, bud!) for nominating me for the Leibster award (an award for bloggers, as I’ve found out after a quick Google search!) I’ve only been nominated once before. It was a Grammy nomination. Unfortunately, it was only a dream! (The dream ended with me winning an’ David Tennant presenting it to me! XD)
Enough rambling though. Here’s 11 facts about me, since every nominee has to post 11 facts about themselves:
1) My name’s Vidal D’costa.
2) I’m from Goa, India.
3) My hobbies are playing the piano,singing and writing on Wattpad & on Feedbooks.
4) I like to learn new languages in my free time (currently learning French and Gallifreyan on my own)
5) I’m an avid reader and an imaginative writer.
6) I love seafood.
7)My fav authors are Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Stephen King and RL Stine.
8) I can’t stand Twilight and songs by Justin Bieber (apologies to the fans)
9) I love listening to music by The Proclaimers & Coldplay.
10) I’m a huge fan of the Tenth Doctor and the actor who plays him.
11) I like to blog, download movies and watch DW outtakes/short movies & tv shows starring DT on YouTube in my free time.
An’ here’s the 11 answers to Maxwell’s 11 questions (I’m enjoying this! It’s like I’m on a talk show, eh?;-D)
1. What’s your favorite book?
– The room on the roof by Ruskin Bond
2. What’s your favorite movie/tv show?
– Fav. Tv show: MASH (Doctor Who is my second fav)
-Fav. movie: 3 Idiots (it’s a Bollywood movie)
3. Do you prefer heat or cold weather?
– Hot weather, since I get to eat as much ice cream as I want!
4. Have you ever been to Comic Con?
5. Introvert or Extrovert?
-I was an introvert, but I’m gradually becoming an extrovert, thanks to my college chums.
6. Your favorite animal(s)?
– Do the Penguins of Madagascar count? ;-P Also, I love cats.
7. What is your best way to combat stress? Do you
– I don’t get stressed easily, but I do get bored easily! ;-P I only get stressed during exams. I love to listen to music and read jokes to combat stress.
8. Your favorite color?
9. Who is your favorite comedian?
– Jim Gaffigan.
10. What is your least favorite season?
– Monsoon/rainy season, coz the rains invite a lotta creepy-crawlies into our house.
11. What inspired you to start blogging?
– I was inspired by my high school chums. They loved reading my stories and kept urging me to keep on writing and I ended up writing and sharing my stories on this blog!
Here’s 11 people who I’m nominating. They deserve to be nominated, coz o’ all the cool stuff they’ve shared thru their blogs. Reading your blogs have saved me from boredom time and again, guys an’ gals! :
1)Iriz Chan Travel and Photography
2) Rebecca Asselin
3) Hallucinations of an angel
4) Escaping twenties
6) Playful memories
7) Unsolicited 2 cents
8) Amy Kasim
11) And I didn’t look back
Here are your questions:
1) Who’s your role model?
2) Who’s your fav singer/band?
3) What d’you do when you’re bored?
4) Who’s your fav talk show host?
5) How old d’you think Ryan Seacrest is? (Just take a wild guess!)
6) What’s your fav horror movie?
7) What d’you like to watch on YouTube?
8) If you could be God for a day, what’re 3 things you’d like to do?
9) What superpower would you like to have ? Would you use your superpower for good or evil?
10) What d’you like to do during a power outage?
11) Who’s your fav Scotsman? (can be a Scottish actor,actress,writer,scientist,etc.)
*Ans. all questions (sorry if some o’ em seem silly! ), take your time an’ I look forward to reading your answers! 😀 Check out Maxwell Zain’s blog for more details & rules about the Liebster awards*
*Sorry for the delay. Here’s the second part of the modern retelling of a famous Goan legend.
A few months later, the news that Donald was cheating on her reached Dona’s ears, although her in-laws and parents refused to believe it. Instead, they urged her to pray that he returned home from sea safely! “You’ve been missing church on Sundays to protest with your newfound lover, while your husband slogs?! ” her mother scolded. “Are you kidding me?! He is cheating on me! ” Dona asked, in disbelief. “Our son would never do that! ” Donald’s mother defended her saintly son. “I have work to do. I don’t have time to argue with y’all! ” a fed up Dona exclaimed, before turning her back on them and leaving for the protest at Azad Maidan. “Our protests wouldn’t be a success without your slogans, my dear. I bought you a gift.” Paul thanked her, before gifting her a pearl necklace. “This must’ve been expensive! ” she exclaimed with a blush, as he clasped it around her neck. “You deserve it. Anything for the woman I love! ” he declared with a smile. “Oh…Paul, I love you too.” she whispered, pecking him on the cheek.
The happy couple continued their work ,undeterred by threats from Paul’s father and protests from Dona’s family who’re against their relationship. But their happiness was short lived. One night, as Paul finished up locking his office, he was kidnapped. “I warned you! ” his furious father growled. He motioned to his men to tie Paul up, before tossing him off the cliff into the sea! Meanwhile, an unaware Dona fumbled with her new necklace as she patiently waited for him at their usual restaurant (where they first had lunch). As he doesn’t show up, she decided to check at his office and later at his residence, but in vain. Suddenly, she saw his father’s car leaving from the scene of the crime. She smelt something fishy and hurried up the cliff as soon as the car disappeared around a bend. She looked on in horror as a drowning Paul struggled to stay afloat and fought against the current. She cried out for help, but as it was late at night, no-one heard her cries. She jumped in to save him. She grabbed on to him, but he slipped from her arms. He began to sink and she used all her strength and breath to pull him back up. Unfortunately, both of them succumbed to fatigue and the wrath of the sea. Their bodies were washed ashore the next day. The villagers mourned the death of the brave, rebellious couple and a statue was erected on the cliff in memory of Dona and Paul. Anderson Sr. was forced to shut shop and return to his hometown, England due to the constant protests.
Sometimes, fishermen returning from sea late at night catch a glimpse of a ghostly couple- a lady wearing pearls and a man with dimples- walking hand in hand on the shore, on a moonlit night, under the shade of the coconut trees, still protecting their beloved state, in spirit.